BUXTON BUTCHERS LIMITED
Firstly we would like to reassure you that we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about the type of information that we gather about you when you visit our site or premises, where we store it, how we may use that information or share it with anyone. It also informs you about the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct the at information. We reserve the right to change this statement from time to time as it, so please check back on it periodically.
Who are we?
Buxton Butchers Limited is a family owned and run business and we in the process of our business use, collect and are responsible for certain personal information about you (Staff, Customers, Visitors, Business Suppliers).
When we do so we are regulated under the GDPR which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a “controller” of that personal data for the purposes of those laws.
What personally identifiable information is collected & through what means?
- Via our website personal information (such as name, address, email, telephone numbers) for the purpose of fulfilling orders or via our contact us page or our newsletter subscription page.
- Via email or other electronic correspondence
- Via telephone including through our voicemail system
- Via networking (i.e at business fair’s, client fairs, meetings or events attended by us).
- By our operating security policies and procedures in our offices (i.e. by virtue of CCTV of our Internal working rooms and external business perimeter.
- Through record keeping at our offices
- Through operating our business and liaising with other professionals.
The information that your provide us with may include:-
- Your Name & Title
- Contact information such as address, phone numbers and email addresses
- In certain situation your bank account details through the Sage Page or FPMS Payment Gateway
- Any other personal Data we collect in the context our work for our clients or in the course of operating our business to meet legislative requirements
We do not collect information from any third-party sources.
How do we use your information?
- To respond to orders that you place with us
- Administering competitions and promotions that you enter with us
- To respond to queries that you send to us. Note: Buxton Butchers does not collect any information from you unless you provide it to us. This means that you can visit our site without telling us who you are or without revealing any personal identifiable information should you wish to.
- To Manage our relationship with you, including by maintaining a database of clients for administration, product recall, accounting and relationship management purposes.
- To carry our contractual obligations to you (or your business) and/or taking such steps as we have set our in our terms of engagement with you.
- To carry our any relevant credit or financial viability checks
- Fulfilling our obligations in respect of the Criminal Finance Act 2017
- To send you any relevant information on our services and event that may be of interest to you using the email or postal addresses that you have provided, but only if you have given us your consent to do so, and until that consent is withdrawn.
- To ensure that out website content is presented in the most effective manner for your and your device and/or to customise our website according to your interests and preferences.
- To administer our website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website when you choose to do so.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising that we send you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To comply with the professional, legal and regulatory obligations that apply to us or to policies that we have in place
- To protect our company interests and/or to prevent illegal activity.
Who do we share your information with?
- We will never sell or market your personal information.
- Information provided to Buxton Butchers is only shared when:
- You specifically request us to or this is necessary to provide the service you require (for example when we need to or use the serviced of our IT & website service providers)
- In the event that we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation to.
- We see to comply with external agencies when providing information with other companies or institutions for the purpose of verifying your identity and in connection with the protection from fraud, money laundering, tax evasion, terrorist financing or other criminality.
- For administrative purposes we send your name and bank details to our bank to enable funds to be paid by you
- In the event that Buxtons Butchers Limited sells a business asset (or is acquired), personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- Should we make any material changes to the way in which we use personally identifiable information, well take commercially reasonable measure to obtain email consent from you. We will also post the changes to our use of personally identifiable information on our site (when practicable at least 30 days prior to the change of use).
We have taken all steps necessary to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. Our security measures meet or exceed all industry standards for the protection of personally identifiable information.
Personally identifiable information is only accessed by employees on a “need to know” basis i.e for the purpose of fulfilling your request or order requirements.
If you have registered to receive email communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name removed from our distribution lists. You can do this by:-
Correction or Update of Personal Data
If you would like to verify that the data we hold for you is accurate or wish to make a correction, you may contact us directly at :-
Buxton Butchers Ltd, Unit 22 Marsh lane Industrial Estate, Portbury Way, Bristol, BS20 0NH
How long will information be held?
We will hold your personal information only when necessary or relevant to your matters and/or to our obligations. The period that we are required to retain financial information by applicable UK law is currently 6 years.
The Buxtons site may also contain links to other websites. Please not that when you click on one of these links you are entering another site for which we are in no way responsible. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from our own.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
Under the GDRP you have a number of important rights, for further information on those rights and how they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner Office (ICO) on individuals rights under GDRP.
If you would like to exercise those rights please contact us (details below).
POST: Finance Director, Buxton Butchers Ltd, Unit 22, Marsh Lane Industrial Estate, Portbury Way, Bristol, BS20 0NH.
We hope that we will be able to resolve any questions or concerns that you may have. However, you may at anytime raise your concern with the UK Information Commissioner who may be contacted at
https://ico.org.uk/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.